We are residents working for residents. We strive to advocate on your behalf, address problems that may arise in the halls, and consider the overall well-being of the campus.
So if you see something you don’t like, want us to offer you something more, or just want to join a welcoming community of strong student leaders, just drop in and start something.
Goals and Vision
- Provide quality programs to the residents of the fourteen residence halls
- Develop the leadership skills necessary for the future of the WVU community and other student organizations
- Serve as the umbrella organization for all hall councils and other housing-based groups
- Provide a liaison between student residents and Residential Education
- Act as a forum for the exchange of ideas
- Allocate funds to various hall councils so that they may provide programs and services that benefit our residents
- Establish a variety of committees including the President’s Council, Residence Hall Improvement, Financial Oversight, Public Relations, and Social Committees to further facilitate communication between hall councils and their residents, to the entire Residential Learning Community
- Foster the idea that the students and organizations within RHA are accountable to the University and the entire Residential Learning Community
The members of the Residence Hall Association are a representative body of students who are visionaries and facilitators of excellence in the West Virginia University Residence Hall Community. We are the student voice in the residence halls. While supporting the mission of Residential Education, we are dedicated to serving WVU student residents, hall councils, and the entire Residence Hall Community. We will listen to and convey the concerns of the residence hall students, offer them leadership opportunities, as well as social and educational programs.